Looking for a sugar-free treat to enjoy with a cup of coffee? Why not make your morning more enjoyable with chocolate almond flour biscotti!
Biscotti is a traditional Italian pastry that is baked twice. You crush the dough in the pan, partially bake it, then slice it and finish it. I think the process is kind of fun.
Since biscotti is a crunchy cookie, I knew I wanted to use almond flour. It’s a great way to make delicious, crunchy cookies while keeping the recipe low in carbs.
And you can dress up your biscotti keto however you like! Add chopped nuts, dip them in chocolate or fold white chocolate chips into the dough before baking. The possibilities are endless.
How to make low-carb chocolate Biscotti
Biscotti are fun to make because they are a little different than other cookies. And the whole process is pretty simple!
- In a bowl, mix the butter, granulated sweetener, stevia, egg and vanilla until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, stir the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix again until smooth and well blended. If you are adding additional ingredients, such as nuts or chocolate chips, include them at this stage.
Shape the dough and bake partially
- Place the dough on a lined baking sheet and form a low, flat log.
- Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes.
- When the log is lightly browned and has become a cake, remove it from the oven and reduce the temperature to 275°F.
Ready to bake
- Let the log cool for about 10 minutes, then cut it into thin slices about half an inch wide.
- Set the slices aside on a baking sheet and bake again for about 20-30 minutes, until completely crisp.
You can enjoy your chocolate biscotti keto or decorate them with even more chocolate!
Chocolate covered Biscotti
Fancy a cookie that can satisfy a sweet or chocolate craving? I recommend making double chocolate biscotti!
Just bake a batch of chocolate biscotti to cool, then dip them in the melted chocolate. You can use keto chocolate chips, sugar-free white chocolate or any other form of keto chocolate.
- Prepare the tray by lining it with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate of your choice over low heat or in a bain-marie until completely melted, then remove from heat.
- Dip each cookie individually into the chocolate. You can dip the biscotti halfway or cover the entire cookie. Then place them on a non-stick baking sheet to harden.
- Once all the cookies are dipped, use the remaining chocolate to drizzle over them if desired.
Low-carb chocolate biscotti should be stored in a cool, dry place to prevent them from melting. You can also keep them in the fridge.
Fillet chocolate on biscotti
Looking for a little more chocolate to go with your sugar-free biscotti? It’s not a problem.
Start by melting the chocolate of your choice over low heat or in a bain-marie. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and place the biscotti on the baking sheet. You want them with you so you don’t waste the chocolate.
Once the chocolate is melted, take a spoon and massage the chocolate over the cookies. It’s so simple! You can sprinkle as much or as little chocolate as you like.
Looking for more fun ways to make keto biscotti? Another option is to add a few more ingredients to the dough before baking!
Chocolate biscotti, for example, are always a big hit. Or add chopped nuts to give the cookies a delicious crunch. Chocolate and almond biscotti are one of my favorite variations.
If you want more creative options, try adding white chocolate or peanut butter chips. You can even add a little espresso powder to enhance the flavor of the chocolate!
Feel free to have fun with this recipe.
What to serve with keto biscotti
This treat is perfect on its own, but is also fun to combine with other dishes or drinks.
The most popular way to enjoy biscotti is with coffee. In fact, the biscotti are specifically designed to be very crispy, so you can dip them into the coffee without them falling apart.
So enjoy it with your morning coffee or a cup of bulletproof tea.
Try them with low-carb frozen desserts, like chocolate, vanilla, or keto-pepper lemon ice cream, for something cool! You can even combine cookies with blueberry ice cream for an unusual but delicious combination of flavors.
I also use these biscotti cookies in my Oreo keto cheesecake! If you want something really forgiving, try this recipe. She never disappoints.
Keto Chocolate Biscotti
An easy recipe for gluten-free, low-carb chocolate biscotti. These delicate Italian chocolate cookies are perfect with a cup of coffee.
Video recording (click on the image to play it)
Cooking time 10 min.
Cooking time 50 minutes
Total time1 hour
Yes, of course: Snacks
PrintSave pin barSave recipeSave recipe Show collectionsSave recipe
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a bowl, stir together butter, granulated sweetener, stevia, egg and vanilla until well blended. Place all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and stir until well combined. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir again until well blended. If you like, chocolate chips or nuts can be mixed in at this point.
- Form the mixture into a large ball of dough. Place the ball of dough on a silicone baking mat or on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Shape the dough into a low, flat log.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until browned and cake-like. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 275 degrees. Cool the log for about 10 minutes, then cut it into thin strips about half an inch wide. Place the slices on the side of the cookie and bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until completely crisp.
Instead of two separate sweeteners, a sugar substitute such as. B. Lakanto Classic, can be used. If using only one sugar substitute, use a total of ⅓ cup.
For an extra cookie, dip them in melted chocolate or sprinkle them with chocolate. The melted white chocolate is delicious too!
Low-carbon sweeteners | Keto Sweetener Conversion Table
Serve : 1 biscuit | calories : 82 | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Protein: 3 g | Fat: 7 g | Saturated fat: 2 g | Cholesterol: 20 mg | Sodium: 112 mg | Potassium: 49 mg | Dietary fibre: 2 g | Vitamin A : 150IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0,7mg
mocha chip biscotti,low carb cookies and cream pie,keto espresso cheesecake,coconut flour biscotti,keto cookies and cream cake,low carb rusks recipe,sugar free bark,sugar free peppermint brownies,low carb peanut butter blossoms,keto sugar free cookies,keto sugar christmas cookies,sugar free paleo pecan snowball cookies,keto biscotti food dreamer,good diet biscotti,keto lemon biscotti,keto cinnamon roll biscotti,keto chocolate mini muffins,low calorie pumpkin biscotti,lemon poppyseed biscotti,alldayidreamaboutfood cranberry biscotti,chocolate almond flour biscotti,keto pumpkin biscotti,keto maple walnut cookies,pecan pie biscotti,keto pecan pie biscotti,weight watchers biscotti recipe,almond flour biscotti orange,best almond biscotti recipe,biscotti keto diet,keto chocolate chip biscotti recipe,keto chocolate almond biscotti,passover almond flour biscotti,sugar free biscotti recipe,gluten free chocolate biscotti recipe,gluten free biscotti almond flour,diabetic biscotti recipe