The keto frittata is filled with great toppings: Cheese, ham, broccoli and more cheese. It is the breakfast of champions, but it can also be served as brunch, lunch, dinner, snack or any time in between.
What I absolutely love about making my keto frittatas is their versatility. Don’t have leftover broccoli on hand? No problem, replace them with your favorite veggies like slices of portobello, zucchini or even asparagus, as you see fit!
Continue with recipe
Supplies and groceries for Keto Frittata
- Cooking oil or spray
- Ham steak
- Cheddar – I used medium sharp cheddar for this recipe, but use the acidity of your preference!
- Cooked broccoli florets – you can also use frozen broccoli, leftovers or any other vegetable you have in the house.
- Big balls.
- Whipped cream
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper.
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Fresh shallots
You need to have all these ingredients on hand. I think ham steak and heavy cream are the exception.
I always have ham hock in the freezer because it’s so easy to make a quick dinner with and it’s packed with flavor. If you add a little to each dish, for example. B. our keto beans or low-carb cheese grits, the whole dish becomes a real treat.
Heavy cream is an exceptional dairy product to have on hand for keto. It contains a lot of fat, making it perfect for diets. Mix it into your eggs or your morning coffee, it’s always a hit!
If you don’t have ham, you can replace it with sausage or bacon.
No heavy cream? Whole milk, plain yogurt or fresh cream are also suitable!
Supplies for the Keto Frittata
- Cutting board
- Measuring cup and spoon
- Cook’s knife
- Cheese grater
- Large mixing bowl
- a 9 or 10 inch deep pie
How to make a keto frittata
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a plate well with butter or pastry spray. Let it out.
- Place the eggs and cream in a large mixing bowl. Beat the eggs until they are completely combined and the whites and yolks are no longer separable.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Temporary bandage.
- Add the cubed ham steak, broccoli, green onions and 3/4 of the cheddar cheese. Stir until everything is completely blended.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie pan. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake the cake in a preheated 350°F oven for 35-40 minutes. If the top of the frittata starts to turn golden brown, it is overcooked. The inside should just be hardened and still a little wobbly. We’ll sit down for ten minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
- Cut and serve. I suggest serving this keto frittata with a leafy salad, creamy spinach, or keto cheddar biscuits!
Tips and Tricks
I know you’ve heard it a thousand times, but it applies here too! Read the recipe all the way through before you make it! Then read it again.
By reading the recipe while cooking, you avoid surprises. This recipe is thankfully very simple and forgiving, but I still recommend doing this step first.
Then gather all the ingredients, chops, cubes and mince before you start. This makes the whole cooking process faster and easier!
This recipe calls for making the keto frittata in a pie pan. You can also put it in an ovenproof dish, but don’t forget to grease the dish well.
Frittatas are one of the only recipes where you don’t want them to turn golden brown. I know it sounds crazy, but a golden frittata means an overcooked frittata, and we don’t want that!
A slight tan is normal, and in our recipe it is only slightly browned. That’s because of the extra cheese on top – yum!
The inside of the keto frittata should remain a little wobbly when you remove it from the oven. We’re taking it out now because the eggs are still cooking.
Like we said before, take this basic recipe and go with it! Here’s a list of alternatives that would go well with this keto frittata:
- Chopped mushrooms, any kind!
- Diced courgette
- Asparagus, spears.
- Brussels sprouts, make sure they’re cooked first.
- Cauliflower florets, frozen or fresh
- Cherry tomatoes
- Salted onions
- Salted pepper
- Turnip, diced and pre-cooked
Alternatives to cheese :
- Swiss website
- Goat’s cheese
- Feta cheese
- Pepper Jack throws a nice straight punch!
- Gouda – try smoked or chipotle gouda, wow!
- Provolone, smoked or plain.
- White Cheddar
All meat substitutes must be prepared in advance:
- Italian sausage
- Sausages for breakfast.
- Canadian bacon
- Ground beef
Alternative herb and spice blends (make sure they are sugar free):
- Old Bay
- Jerk Seasoning
- Barbecue season
You can mix and match all of the above categories and get delicious keto frittatas every time!
Does the frittata contain carbohydrates?
It depends on what you put in the frittata and how many carbs it contains.
If z. For example, if potatoes, corn, pumpkin, or peas are incorporated into the frittata, chances are they will contain a higher percentage of carbohydrates in the frittata.
This keto frittata recipe is made with special low-carb ingredients and is safe to eat during the keto diet.
Is spinach compatible with the keto diet?
Yes, spinach is one of the most consumed vegetables in the keto diet. A cup of cooked spinach contains only 3 grams of pure grains.
If you’ve ever cooked spinach, know that you need a lot of spinach in a cup. It cooks a lot.
How to store Keto Frittata
Frittatas are great recyclers of leftovers! Allow the frittata to cool completely, then store in an airtight drum in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To freeze, wrap leftover frittata in aluminum foil and place in a freezer-safe zip-top plastic bag. Freeze and consume for 2 to 3 months.
To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Heat in microwave or oven at 350°F until thoroughly warm.
I love this keto frittata and the versatility of this dish is endless.
This is one of those keto dishes the whole family will love and is easy enough to make over and over again! Pair it with our Southwestern Broccoli Salad for a complete meal!
Try our version of the keto frittata and tell us how you liked it in the comments below! If you decide to adapt it to your needs, let us know what other products you have added.
This keto frittata is full of good stuff: CHIZE, ham, broccoli and MORE CHIZE. This keto frittata is the breakfast of champions, but can also be served as brunch, lunch, dinner, snack, or any time in between.
Meals Breakfast, Main course
The key word is frittata, keto.
Portions of 6
Written by Dana DeVolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9- or 10-inch cake pan with melted unsalted butter or baking spray and set aside.
- Put the eggs and cream in a large bowl. Beat until ingredients are fully combined. Add onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Beat until everything is combined.
- Add the ham, broccoli, ¾ of the cheddar cheese and shallots. Stir until everything is well mixed. Pour into the prepared pie pan. Garnish with the remaining cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top is very lightly browned and the center is lightly gratinated. Let steep for 10 minutes, garnish with parsley, slice and serve.
Calories: 378kcal Carbs: 3g Protein: 30g Fat: 27g Saturated fat: 14g Cholesterol: 333mg Sodium: 1283mg Potassium: 388mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Vitamin A: 1077IU Vitamin C: 33mg Calcium: 328mg Iron: 2mg
frequently asked questions
What is the difference between a frittata and a quiche?
Perhaps the most obvious difference: The pie is baked slowly in a pie crust (shortbread). The frittata, on the other hand, does not overcook and cooks faster. Because the crust provides stability, a quiche can handle more cream than a frittata.
Do you put milk in the frittata?
Dairy products like milk or cream are an essential ingredient in frittatas. It is this ingredient that gives frittatas their characteristic creamy, chewy texture. Without this important addition, the frittatas will be flatter and more compact. Follow this advice: When the eggs are beaten, don’t forget to add a little milk or cream while whisking.
How long does a homemade frittata take?
Frittatas are perfect as a leftover breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a weekday snack! Slice the frittata and place in a single layer in an airtight container or stack the slices on top of each other with parchment paper in between. If stored properly, the frittata will keep for 3 to 4 days.
low carb vegetable frittata recipe,keto frittata recipe oven,keto frittata no cream,keto frittata muffins,keto recipes,keto frittata mushroom,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,keto egg recipes,keto frittata zucchini