Do you like this recipe? Shout it from the rooftops!
Error! Filename not specified.
This keto stromboli is soft, meaty, creamy, cheesy and perfect! Perfect for baking, delicious hot or cold – the list of reasons why you should make this low-carb bread with STAT topping is endless.
I’ll give you the number of that treat from Keto Stromboli’s recipe, but first you must confess…..
Immana, to be fair, I started the keto-quarantine operation hard here, but I’ve been on it for two weeks and hit the carbs hard for a few days. I think a lot of you are in the same boat, because legally it’s hard to stay stressed out on keto, and with all the amazing homemade breads and brownies and cookies and everything else in my business CARBOTS?
So I left Keto for a few days and made peanut butter cookies, pizza, macaroons and other carbs. And then there was the wine. Lots of wine.
I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t fun right now, but deep down I knew I’d regret it, especially if I didn’t stop as soon as possible before I did too much damage. So last night I had wine and a baked potato with lots of cheese for breakfast to say goodbye to the carbs, and this morning I started strong with scrambled eggs, avocado and coffee for breakfast.
And you know what? It felt good.
It’s good to be back in control, good to know that when this quarantine is over I won’t have to resort to my stretch pants when I can finally get out of the house, and good to build up some new clothes I haven’t worn just in time to get out of my pajamas and into town.
Well, it’s… an island, but still.
That includes this keto stromboli, because I made it a few weeks ago and I had this recipe backstage as part of my strategy to return to keto. Good thing I’m not missing any of the carbs I swallowed last week.
In fact, my first order of business today (after taking care of the release of this literary masterpiece) is to go into the kitchen and put one of those stuffed breads in the oven to help me get through the next few days. You too! That’s why I finally found the haha recipe.
Don’t be intimidated by this Keto Stromboli – it’s very easy to assemble and very easy to set up with several options! Here’s a little photo grid I put together to show you how easy it is – even if you’re new to cooking – you can do it, I promise!
So, the bread part of this keto stromboli is the simple keto pastry I emailed the other day, as well as the spinach and cheese calzone pastry I’ll be making again this week because I can never get enough of it. If you haven’t tried it yet, do so. You won’t regret it.
In my Keto Stromboli I used a combination of Italian meats like cappicola and salami, but with this recipe you can use almost any meat and get excellent results. The same goes for the cheese, which you can change according to the combination.
Ham and cheddar or Swiss, pepperoni and mozzarella, pastrami and muenster – you name it.
Because I wanted this Keto Stromboli to have a juicy texture and not just be a meal like dry bread and meat, I mixed grated cheese with cream cheese, tomato paste and spices to give it a sweet, creamy, textured and hearty flavor that brings it all together – and it works hot or cold without being sticky and unpleasant.
Finally, you don’t have to limit yourself to what I’ve included in this Keto Stromboli – other amazing additions, depending on your pantry, include fresh basil, pepperoncini or banana peppers, olives, onions, or anything else that floats your stuffed ship’s bread.
This is insane. Then contact me, because I’d love to know what you think!
So, where are you with all this crazy stuff? Keto? No keto? Are you ready to come back to Europe before you start? I’m thinking of setting up a quarantine meal plan for ketos – let me know if you’re interested!
Anyway, hold on guys, we can do this!
Keto Stromboli – Low-carbohydrate Stuffed Bread
- Author: Mellissa Sevigny
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category : Keto Bread
- Method: Cooking
- Kitchen: Italian
- Diet: Gluten-free
This Keto Stromboli is full of good chew, meat and cheese! Perfect for baking, delicious hot or cold – the list of reasons why you should make this STAT low-carb bread is endless.
- 1 batch of single-chicken dough
- 3 ounces cappicola or sliced prosciutto
- 3 ounces sliced salami or pepperoni
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese with a partial bevel
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Press dough onto a sheet of parchment paper to form a 12 x 15 rectangle.
- Spread the cappicola and prosciutto slices over two-thirds of the surface (see photo in grid above).
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, tomato paste, oregano, red pepper flakes and garlic powder. Stir well until everything is combined.
- The spoon fills the meat with a line that traverses the bottom half of the rectangle for 2/3 of its length and goes horizontally from one end to the other.
- Carefully roll the stromboli from bottom to top to about 1/3 of its height, pressing firmly, then roll it up again to form a rectangle about 4 inches wide and 15 inches high.
- Push it down so that it has an even thickness along the entire length, but not too hard to get the filling out.
- Brush with beaten egg yolk and sprinkle with coarse salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and slightly puffy.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Estimated net carbohydrate per slice = 5g
- : 1/6 Stromboli
- Calories: 482
- Fat: 40 gr
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3г
- Protein: 33 g
Keywords : Keto Stromboli, Keto Bread, Low Carb Bread.
Do you like this recipe? Shout it from the rooftops!
keto sausage and pepperoni stromboli, carbquik stromboli, ibih blog, cheesy keto spinach calzone, keto recipe blogs, keto spinach recipes, cheeseburger stromboli pillsbury, keto cheeseburger hot pocket, cheeseburger stromboli publix, fathead ham and cheese pockets, morning keto meal, keto hamburger skillet, alldayidreamaboutfood buns, keto reuben stromboli, low carb calzone, keto recipes using corned beef, keto ham and cheese bake ruled me, all day i dream about food biscuits and gravy, low carb pizza dough with yeast, recipe carbalose pizza crust, cloud bread calzone, up late anyway stromboli, pizza dough with stevia, cauliflower calzone, keto stromboli recipe, keto calzone, fathead dough, keto bread, keto cheeseburger stromboli, keto stroganoff, low carb dough